Catching Up For The Newcastle Class Project
The builder is scheduled to start this week and is waiting on steel. We’ll be checking on him to see how the Newcastle class project is progressing. We’ve been able to:
- Complete the main part of the demolition
- Until the steel beams are installed we can’t remove some of the wall frames (see pic above)
- Secure removal of asbestos from the site
- Secure doors from a local supplier
- These will be the stacker-type doors at the back of the house to open onto the deck
Have you listened to our podcast episode about our Class Renovation Project?
Newcastle Class Project Builder Start Up Main Agenda For This Week
We were planning to go up last week and we decided to hold off to see what happened in terms of the lockdown but that situation hasn’t really improved.
Here are the things we are looking to get started on this week:
- Getting the builders set up and operating
- Choosing the external colours
Here are some options the team has been considering for exterior colours – so far Option 1 is a favourite:
Good News Despite Newcastle Class Project Challenges
Keeping the budget on track is a bit challenging. It’s a good thing we have sorted out the problem with the backdoor. We will work with the Stacker Doors for this class project and they will do the 4-metre door for $2,990. This is a reasonable price, brand new and all organised!