The School Of Renovating Program Terms
We may update these terms from time to time and will email the updated version to those enrolled in our program. Unless you advise us otherwise, updates will take effect 14 days after we email out the updates. We have included a ‘last updated’ date above to help you keep track of any changes.
When we talk about ‘website’, we mean www.theschoolofrenovating.com and the term includes our programs group sessions and members area, blogs, social media and similar platforms as well as podcasts, speaking engagements, client or member sessions, information we supply via any of these venues and any other related services or programs we offer.
When we talk about ‘we’ ‘our’ or ‘us’, we mean Janson & Janson PTY Limited ABN 95 114 562 515, PO Box 101 Surry Hills NSW 2016 Australia, T/A The School of Renovation. When we talk about ‘you’ or ‘yours’ we mean you, a user of our website or program.
How to enter a program
You can make application to join our program by submitting this application form along with credit card payment details. The payment will not be processed for 48 hours , allowing you to discuss with your partner , should you need to . If you need further information or change your mind please, contact us via email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) within 48 hours.
We will then contact you to discuss which program will suit you. We are committed to our students’ achieving results and will only accept suitable candidates. We may collect some personal information from you at this stage and we use this information to assess your suitability.
Creating your account
You must be over 18 years old to create an account and use our services.
When creating an account, you agree:
- to provide true and correct details when you set up your account
- to keep your username and password secure and confidential and not to share your access with anyone else
- to accept electronic communications from us (you may unsubscribe from these at any time however if we cannot email you this may impact our ability to supply the services you have requested)
- to keep your contact details up to date
- not to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy) of others, including our presenters, other members and our staff
- to make any payments due associated with your account when they are due
- to contact us if you believe that your account may be subject to an unauthorised transaction, account takeover or other type of fraudulent activity or security breach
- to comply with our social area rules (see below)
We reserve the right to suspend, terminate or disable your account if we believe that you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions.
You may use your account on more than one device however we may use IP address tracking software that tracks the IP address of every device that accesses our paid content and the email address associated with all active accounts. If we suspect you have shared your log-in details and, as a result of our investigation, we reasonably determine you are in breach of these terms, without limiting any other rights we may have, we reserve the right to close your account with no refund of membership payments, and to prohibit you from opening a new account.
Levels of programs and inclusions
Our programs come with various inclusions. Sometimes we need to vary the inclusions for one reason or another. We reserve the right to vary any inclusion in your program provided that what we are substituting in is of a similar or better quality or value.
Payments and refunds
We recognise that our programs are a reasonable investment for many people. For this reason, when we accept you into a program, we will allow you a 48 hour cooling off period before we charge you for any payment. You may cancel your place at any time during the cooling off period. So that we can best look after our students, we only accept a limited number of students into our programs at any one time.
Once you make a payment for your place in a program, we do not offer refunds for program fees for any reason, whether you have chosen to use the services or not.
You agree to pay any applicable surcharges we incur based on your method of payment, including dishonour fees if applicable (for example if you subscribe to a service with an annual fee and a dishonour fee is charged to us for an attempted payment or a charge back fee is incurred).
Interest may be charged on any overdue payment, accruing daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment, at a rate of 8% per annum (compounding monthly).
To the extent allowed under applicable laws, you agree to pay any costs and disbursements incurred by us in pursuing any outstanding debt (including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis).
Confidentiality of shared information
During your participation in the program (for example by reading the social areas), you may encounter, or we may share with you, information that is confidential in nature. This could be information about a particular renovation, a property, a developer or renovator, or our business or processes (‘Confidential Information’). This may occur for example, if students are discussing a particular renovation on the social wall.
You agree you will not use or share Confidential Information in a manner that could be detrimental to us or any other participant. You agree not to use Confidential Information for your own benefit. Confidential Information does not need to be identified as confidential to be classed as Confidential Information. If you are unsure if information is confidential or not, assume it is confidential.
We do ask that you be mindful of the information you share that can be accessed by others. If the information is sensitive to your project or would otherwise cause you harm if it was disclosed to others, it is best not to share it on our social areas or any other shared space.
You warrant that you hold the necessary rights and interests to use any material you add to our social areas (your content) and that no part of your content infringes any third party intellectual property or other rights, including copyright and trademark rights and privacy and confidentiality rights.
By submitting your content, you irrevocably grant to us a perpetual, world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license and right to use your content for the purpose of providing services to you or for our business purposes, both now and in the future. You indemnify us against any claims made for breach of privacy, confidentiality or intellectual property rights in respect of your content.
Due to the nature of the discussion topics likely to arise on the social areas, it is important that content you post or comments you make are accurate and that you comply with the social areas rules.
Content within our shared groups, private groups, discussions, workshops, meetings, other forums, social media platforms or any other area controlled or facilitated by us (‘social areas’) may be contributed by third parties. The person contributing that content is responsible for what they have provided. If you have any concerns about that content, you should contact the author directly. Views and opinions of third parties are not necessarily shared by us. We may at our discretion moderate these areas, however we are not obliged to do so.
Our goal is for users to explore the program content and to have an opportunity to share ideas, ask opinions and discuss projects. Due to the nature of some of the expected topics however, there is a chance that some of the information discussed or posted will be inaccurate or misleading. This could happen where renovators of differing experience levels are contributing information or ideas. Please take care when accessing this information.
Social area rules
If you use any of our social areas, either as a contributor or reader, you agree, as a condition of use:
- That any information you post will be accurate, not misleading and will not omit important parts.
- Not to post or distribute any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful content, whether included in your username or in any material or information.
- Not to post inappropriate, negative, rude or attacking comments.
- To keep your comments or information constructive. Please do not make others feel unvalued.
- Not to rely on information in the social area without first completing further research to substantiate the information and/or seeking professional advice (eg legal, financial or town planning advice)
- Not to spruik your ideas or services or use ‘pitching’ or lead generation. This means you may not sell products or services, direct users to blogs, websites or affiliate products or ask members to join other groups, communities or investment areas. This applies both as direct posts and private messages. This will not apply if you have the consent from the program facilitator to collaborate eg by forming joint ventures.
- Not to shop for or recruit investors. Note that we do have some exceptions around this for parties looking to joint venture together however this needs to be done in a collaborative way within the structure of the Program. What we do not want to see is parties enrolling in the Program to recruit investors for external programs or investment schemes they run independently.
- Not to post information or advice that should only be given by a professional in the area. For example, interpretation of an area of law or town planning advice on a property.
- You will respect the privacy of others. Content gathered from our social areas must not be collected, repackaged or shared outside the group. Sometimes contributors will share confidential information and you agree to keep this information confidential.
- We do not endorse any ideas, resources, views or comments of third parties.
Notwithstanding the above rules, if you decide to deal with or invest with another member of our community, whether we have consented to the collaboration or assisted in the collaboration or not, we are not responsible for their actions or your outcomes. Do not assume that everyone is trustworthy, make sure you do your own due diligence.
If we find users breaking our rules, in additional to other rights we may have, we reserve the right to permanently exclude them from our social areas and terminate their paid membership. We may also contact the authorities and share the posted content and corresponding user personal information with the authorities if we reasonably believe there has been or may be a breach of the law. For example, if we are concerned about the safety of any person, feel there is a threat to our business or if it appears there are contraventions to rules around managed investments.
While we may enforce these rules against a user, we are not obliged to do so.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, and without limiting the application of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), you agree the total aggregate liability to us for any claim(s) by you in respect of our program, together with any other claim arising out of this agreement, is limited to the amount actually paid by you to us for our services.
Notwithstanding the above clauses, we limit our liability for major or minor failures with our service (at our election and as allowed by s64A of the ACL) to either the supplying of the services again or to the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again. If we elect to pay the cost of having the services supplied again, this means we will refund to you the costs you paid for the program.
Other than our limited guarantee in the section above, we provide no warranty that our program will be suitable for your level of skill, financial capability or risk appetite or that it will assist you to reach your desired outcome. We are not responsible for any indirect or consequential losses you may incur by participating in the program or arising from your use of information provided by us.
Where we provide additional training resources as part of the inclusions of a program, we make no warranty that these resources will be suitable for your needs, will apply to your circumstances, will help you reach any desired outcomes or that the resources will be up-to-date, accurate or complete. You use the additional training resources entirely at your own risk.
These limitations of liability apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and shall survive any termination or expiration of this agreement or your use of our program, our website or other on-line areas controlled by us.
We will not be liable to you (subject to the requirements of the ACL) or to any third party or entity for any damages, including personal injury, arising as a result of your use of our program, use of information we provide or use of our social areas in any way.
Please see our full website disclaimer here [include link].
You agree to indemnify and defend us from any claims, damages, liabilities, costs, or expenses (including without limitation court costs, collection costs, and reasonable legal fees) related to:
- any content you post to our social areas
- your unauthorised use of the program or breach of these terms
- your use or application of information provided by us
This agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in that State or the Federal Courts within Australia, in all disputes arising out of this agreement.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of this agreement or your participation in our program.