Rising interest rates don’t automatically mean the market will come to a halt. It has been a long time since we had an interest rate hike, and it’s quite a shock. However, you do have to wonder what it means for renovators.
Rising interest rates can be devastating. But, like most things, it depends on how you view it. So, in this episode of She Renovates, Bernadette brings some perspective to the current situation and gives you tips on how to responsibly continue your renovating for profit journey.
Considering the world is dealing with the war in Ukraine and rising petrol and food prices, the latest increase in the interest rate has had surprisingly little impact on the market. Listen as Bernadette talks you through how to keep an open mind in fluctuating markets and how to find opportunities in troubling times.
Watch the Episode on Video:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:42 The history of interest rates for the last 50 years
- 03:57 Current value of the properties in Newtown.
- 05:20 How does continue to function as a renovator even with the rising interest rates?
- 07:29 Risk management strategy.
- 08:49 Airbnb
- 12:32 Micro development strategy
- 14:11 Mindset
- 16:08 Tips on storing furniture when not in use.
Connect with The School of Renovating
Subscribe to She Renovates Apple Podcast
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Instagram
Follow on LinkedIn
Subscribe to Youtube