This video was originally produced for the podcast “She Renovates: The Trials And Tribulations Of Renovating On Finger Wharf”
An elite team member in the Wonder Women program of The School Of Renovating, Maria Burwood is a passionate renovator, engineer and project manager with over twenty years experience in the industry.
In this interview Mara shares her most recent renovation project – a three bedroom penthouse spanning two floors of the Woolloomooloo Finger Wharf in Sydney.
Special points discussed in this video interview:
- Securing and flipping a property originally planned for a family home renovation
- Major challenges Maria faced while renovating a heritage listing
- Why Maria gave all the reins to one builder and project manager and how it became a success
- Maria’s approach to an apartment without an outdoor area and how she used a palette of natural materials and resources to make it work
- What Maria would have done differently if given a chance
- The financial outcome of the project
- How a private buyer’s agent managed the selling of the property and the flow of buyers
- Maria’s motto, “Making Success Seamless”
- How being a part of Wonder Women has helped Maria achieve renovation success